Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Please don't tell me now

One reason why I keep digging through stacks of used 45s is findings records like this. I know it's nothing special but I'll play the record a few times. Then I'll put it in a box with a few other records that spent less than a dollar on. In a couple years, I'll be looking for a completely different record and find this one instead. I'll put it on the record player, spin it once or twice and put it back in the box.

I didn't know a thing about Dean & Jean when I found the record. Ernie Maresca wrote the song though and "Shout Shout (Knock Yourself Out)" is pretty good so I put this one in the keep pile. It was fifty cents well spent. Dean & Jean have a few other records, I'll pick those up if I ever see them.

Side note: I also found 45s of "Like A Rolling Stone" and "Positively 4th Street" in the same junk store. I like the mono mixes of these records and I don't think they've ever been compiled. If either of you loyal readers work at CBS records, why don't you suggest a compilation of Dylan's singles? But only if you are gonna use the single mixes, I don't need another version of "Rolling Stone" in stereo. You could even re-issue the singles, I'd buy a box of Dylan 45s. Thanks!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Counter
Counter